Things to look for when buying a home
Buying a home is perhaps the biggest decision that most of us make in our lifetime. While most of us are looking for the features we want in a house, it is also a good idea to pay attention on some of the don’ts when it come to deciding on our new home.
Here are some things to avoid;
- Do not buy a house that is backed against a shopping center or property that is zoned for business.
- Do not buy a house located near a street that has heavy traffic. It can be a real nuisance when you are trying to sleep and dangerous if you have children.
- Do not buy the biggest or most expensive house in the neighborhood.
- Do not buy a house that is located next door to rental property. Many renters tend to treat the house and lawns poorly.
- Do not buy a house that is too far away from schools.
- Do not buy a house near a school that has a record poor test scores
- Do not buy a house that is located near an airport flight path.
- Do not buy a house located in a neighborhood with high homeowners association fees.
- Do not buy a house with only one bathroom. It will be hard to resell later.
- Do not buy a house with no central air conditioning, or central heating.
- If you are looking for a house is colder climates, never buy a house that does not have a fireplace.
- Do not buy a house that only has a one car garage or a carport. It will be hard to resell later.
- Do not buy a 2 bedroom, 2 bath home. They are a more difficult to resell than a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home.
- Don’t buy a house with a tiny master bedroom or tiny closets.
- Do not buy a house located within 2 miles of a landfill, or near a water treatment facility.
Contact CLM Homes today and let us show you how great a real estate company can be.